My mom has her own quilting business and I've been wanting to have her help me make a quilt for our bed. So we finally picked out some fabric last month and went to work! I am not a lover of sewing, so I kind of just wanted to get it over with. But surprisingly enough I quite enjoyed it. My mom made it fun and was extremely patient with my horrible sewing skills. I absolutely love how she quilted it, she's such a talented woman! I'm already trying to find a different pattern for another one to put on our spare bed. Who knows, I might end up actually using my sewing machine!
Could it be any hotter outside?! I thought Jordan would like to cool off in the sprinkler, but it didn't go as well as what I had in mind. He pretty much just stood by it the whole time, all though he did like getting wet, I just thought he'd play in the water more. Oh well, it was a good way to cool off and it was fun to watch him discover new things. I'm excited to take him to a pool one of these days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will love it!
(sorry - picture overload)
2 comments:
I love the quilt! I am working on my first baby quilt and I don't know why but some of my squares are not so square. It is so frustrating! How did you get yours so straight?
Thank you Erin! Some of the squares were hard, we unpicked a few of them to get it just right. My mom helped me too, she's much better at it than I am! Good luck with your baby quilt, I'm sure it will be adorable!
Post a Comment