July 20, 2009

The beginning.....

Finally after months and months of consideration and mostly procrastination I have committed to a blog....I know, could it have taken any longer? I decided it's a really good place to share your thoughts, memories, wishes and dreams. It's also a great way to keep in touch with others and I think it's about time that I have my own instead of living vicariously through others fun pictures and stories! I might as well start from the very beginning of the Cox adventures that have now turned into endless love and crazy moments. Ben and I met in April of 2007, my sister Jeanette took me with her to first dam one afternoon to relax and read by the water. Little did I know she was really going there to meet some guy but failed to inform me : ) we were laying on a blanket reading when I looked up and saw an extremely good looking guy walk past us (no idea that it was the guy Jeanette was supposed to be meeting) he then turned around and came back towards us saying "are you Jeanette?" SERIOUSLY?! This hunk of a man was who she was meeting? I couldn't let it happen, I knew right when I saw him that he was going to be mine and I was going to do anything to make that happen. He sat down and talked to us for a long time, I was so completely in love with him, he was sooo funny and easy to talk to, I know this sounds really cliche but I am serious, love at first sight does exist! When we got home Jeanette went into the other room and made the mistake of leaving her phone on the couch.....I had to get his number, so I did and we went on our first date the next day. Luckily Jeanette wasn't interested which was good for me because I didn't want to take him away from her. I told her he had asked for my number when she was talking on the phone while we were up at the dam, I did tell her the truth though (at my bridal shower) that I took his number from her phone and she was fine with it because she knew we were meant for eachother. We dated for 4 months and were engaged in July and got married in the Manti temple on September 14, 2007. I am so grateful for Ben, he is my strength and I found him at the perfect time in my life. I love his goofy moods and how he makes me laugh every day no matter what. He's also an excellent cook, which is such a blessing because let's just say I don't have "the touch" when it comes to food. Well there you have it, the beginning of our life together and the opportunity to read about all of the times to come.




















No comments: